20 Gallon "EZ KIT" Moonshine Kit
A do-it-yourself kit (DIY) is a copper moonshine still manufactured by American Copper Works in Manchester New Hampshire. A DIY Kit is 20 oz. Sheet copper which is cut, bent, rolled and in embossed which leaves it ready to solder. Clamping and Soldering of the pieces is what is needed to complete the moonshine still.
This is not a project where you just solder the tubing pieces and you're done. This is a project that will take at least 4 to 8 hours to complete. When we get the copper in our shop, we measure it, cut it, bend it, roll it into a cylinder shape, emboss it and ship it to the customer ready to clamp and solder.
We include the flux and solder in the box as well as all the parts and fittings that you need to finish the unit. We do not include the propane tank the torch head for the propane tank.
You can save a bunch of money with our kits. We specialize in 2 gallon kits all the way up to 100 gallon kits where the customer can actually save themselves hundreds of dollars.
WHO SHOULD GET A MOONSHINE KIT?
Once again this project is not easy. We estimate that it will take the average customer 4 to 8 hours to clamp and solder and complete the unit. You can check out our video on www.moonshinekits.com which is a 36 minute tutorial video as well as you can check out "KitBookLet) Which is an instruction booklet built for our customers. Thank you for being a part of American Copper Works.
Please check out the complete description of each of our sizes on our websites. For example if you are interested in a 6 gallon DIY Kit and are wondering the measurements of a 6 gallon you can check out our listing on any of our websites to see the specific measurements and specifications of the 6 gallon unit.
Please keep in mind that all of our units come with the Upgraded Thumper and Worm kit. The Thumper is 9" by 9" cylindrically and the worm is a little bit bigger. The coil is 3/8 coil and the tubing is 1/2 inch tube. The thickness of the copper used is 20 oz. / 22 gauge copper sheet purchased from Paul Revere out of Boston Mass which is 99.9% pure
Completing the 20 Gallon "EZ KIT" into a Moonshine Still
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FINISHING THE MOONSHINE STILL
1. Open your box.
2. Place pot on a table with temperature gage towards left hand side.
3. Take the smallest piece of the thumper with drain plug facing towards you and put to the right of the pot.
4. Take the worm which is attached to coil and put to the right of the thumper.
5. Take the cap and insert it to the top of the pot, the bottom of the cap connects by spinning the spin fittings to the left side of the thumper.
A) The seam on the top of cap should interlock with seam of the back of the pot.
6. When connecting the spin fitting, if they should leak, use thread locking tape or wheat paste. The unit also comes with an adapter piece which is copper, and it connects to the top of right hand side of the thumper and goes to the worm spin fittings accordingly.
7. Congratulations! You have successfully assembled your Moonshine Still but you still need to know how to use it.
8. You need a burner or any source of flame, you could also have a submerged heating element. Once you have a burner and propane you need some MASH. Mash is what you put in the still to get liquor.
9. MASH= Fermented materials that can range anywhere between 1% to 35% ABV (Alcohol By Volume). The higher the ABV, the more alcohol you will be able to pull out. The goal is to take out as much alcohol out of the mash with your Moonshine Still.
VISIT: WWW.MASH.RECIPES FOR SOME EASY RECIPES TO GET STARTED.
You are going to need a Hydrometer, which measures the alcohol content of the Mash, ‘cause it’s always nice to know what your alcohol is in the beginning and the end of the process. There are two different types of Hydrometers, one to use for low proof (of Mash) and one for high proof. Visit our accessory page to purchase more items from us.
10. Strain Mash for any hard materials and pour into pot. You are going to need to seal the cap of the pot with “old school” Wheat Paste or Black Electrical Tape, make sure to seal the unit well. The thumper is a double purification unit, it is not a necessity. We want you to run the Thumper dry (meaning, do not add anything in it) until you know what you are doing. All our units are interchangeable, which means you can take the Thumper out and run it directly from the pot to the worm with the coil.
11. Your Worm, the one with the coil, needs constant ow of cool water (we recommend continuously filling it with ice) you can also get an upgraded Thumper and Worm Kit with any of our units which will give you 2 hoses to run water in and out.
12. Put a flame underneath the Pot until the unit starts to “work”; as soon as the Worm is dripping product, write the temperature down then add 2o degrees to it, “That is your Operating Range”. Always keep still within this range to make sure H2O does not go into your product.
13. Your Thumper will ll up with Liquid and eventually stop the distillation process. You will need to disregard the Thumper’s content or save and re-run in your next batch.
14. Do Not just go and start drinking what comes out of the unit. Please do the appropriate amount of research to make sure you disregard the appropriate amount of your distillate before drinking.
NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY USE YOUR NEW MOONSHINE STILL. VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AT WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/AmericanCopperWorks TO STAY CONNECTED WITH US.